Monday, December 20, 2010

Graco = Freaking Awesome

Well everyone has done it. Tried to deal with one of these freaking companies who doesn't give a crap but likes to pretend that they do. Well I was all started for another fight when I sent an email to Graco about a baby swing we bought/received as a baby shower gift for Annabelle because it stopped working right. Well I looked up all the specks and made sure the batteries were charged because you know that is the first question then went to the website and sent them an email.

My swing started recently to not swing when my baby is in it. It makes the noise like it is swinging and then swings when I take her out of it. I replaced the batteries to no avail. She is less than 19 lbs, so she is easily in the weight limit. I was wondering what the warranty on this item is.
Well then they sent me a message the next day, and to my surprise it was this:

Jim,

We are sorry to hear of the problem with the product. We will be happy to assist you with this. The motor unit is replaceable and we have ordered it for you. Please, allow 10 business days for delivery.
Wait, what? Nothing extra, no charge, no hastle. Just that? Not even a second email (they took my address on the initial order form). This is too good to be true.

So I waited and a week later and they sent the motor. Veronica and I worried that it would take quite a bit of work to take the motor housing apart and input a new motor, but whatever it was easy so far, so this isn't that big a deal. But what do they send but the whole freaking motor housing. It took me about 4 minutes to pop the old one off and put the new one on. I mean really, this company is awesome and I actually did have an A+ customer service. Way to go.

1 comment:

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

Good to know. Glad they were so nice!