Thursday, February 23, 2012

100 Greatest Movies - Double Indemnity

This time we are looking at High Noon which is #38 on the 100 Greatest Movies List, it is also #29 on the 10th Anniversary List, #24 on the 100 Greatest Thrillers, and #84 on the 100 Greatest Romances movies list.

 The movie starts off with the killer admitting that he did it and then the movie progresses as the killer relates the details of the crime. The first part of the movie felt very dated but I soon got into it and I could see why this would be one of the greatest thrillers of all time. I didn't know what was going to happen next and I really liked it. Other than the general premise of the movie, which is why would the killer sit there and record everything instead of trying to get away, mostly everything seemed to fit nicely into place. A very good movie and one that stands the test of time, I believe.

No comments: