Monday, May 16, 2011

La Caille Restaurant

I took these pictures on my wife's and I anniversary dinner back in February when we went to La Caille restaurant, which is often regarded as the most expensive restaurant in Salt Lake City. And going there again for a Mother's Day Sunday Brunch reminded me that I had them so I figured I would post them.



Sorry for the blurriness, I took them with my phone. But I think that it is great that they played off of their expensiveness with the first one. It may be difficult to read but all the menu items had a price spelled out (i.e. Fifty-Two Dollars instead of $52). So when we came across this one we weren't sure if they were serious or not (it states Financing Available). They were rather humorous about it though and the waitress confirmed that it was indeed a joke. Plus for our anniversary they gave us this firecracker candle with our desert, which really made it special.

So, all in all, I think the food was really good and the ambiance was fantastic but the price a little high for dinner (it was roughly $200 before tip). But Sunday brunch was less than half the cost of dinner, I think tasted even better, and you had the same ambiance. So I say if you going to check it out, go during Sunday brunch. You definitely won't regret it.

No comments: