Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Personal Goals - First Post

Here is our starting point for the year. Lets see if we can accomplish at least half of these. The list was also updated on the sidebar.
1. Finish first draft of my novel -
January 1st - 1st third is done. The plan this year is to write it and read it to Annabelle and edit it as I go.

2. Drop weight to 167
January 1st - 176.4. Starting off worse this year than last but I should have some more time to work out.


3. Balance our budget
January 1st - Things are looking up for this year with Veronica getting a new job (hopefully) after residency is complete.


4a. Read a total of 100 of the greatest books on my lists by my 30th birthday
January 1st - Current count 97. Only 3 to read by March 19th. This was the initial goal last year but I hoped to have them done earlier.

4b. Read 2 of the Top Ten books on Zanes book list
January 1st - I currently have 6 read. I figured I should be able to finish 2 of the 4 since 2 of them are very very long.


5a. Finish 2 more movies on my Geological Movie Review
January 1st - Look to start 2 new movies again


5b. Update the 1 Geologic Movie Review that was previously done and not updated
January 1st - 2 out of 3 up to par

6. Watch all of the 100 Greatest Movies of All Time (according to AFI)
January 1st - Current count 69. 31 left to go.

7. Finish bottom of hovercraft.
January 1st - I just need to finish epoxying and smoothing out the bottom then paint it. Not too much work but time is an issue.

8. Do 1 Geological Fact for each month.
January 1st - That is a total of 12 for the year. Hopefully I can get them set up ahead of time.

Other items of interest:
I think a good chunk of these items are doable by the end of the year. Hopefully I can get a lot of them done early that way I won't be rushing to try and finish them later.

No comments: