Monday, March 2, 2009

100 Greatest Books #81 - Peer Gynt

Note - This review was originally published on my other site "The Geology P.A.G.E." but due to the content I have moved it here and backdated the post.


Next up on my reading of the 306 of the top 100 books is Peer Gynt by Henrik Ibsen. You can find this book on the Sybervision Book List.


This was a play about a boy/man who started out running away from his troubles and inventing imaginary worlds from which to escape into. Although not the greatest of plays I have ever read, nor would I even include it on this list personally, it was not terrible. The moral of the story was a little late in coming but it came and the story felt rushed at points and dragged on at others but it may have been the translation I was using. The translator tried too hard to modernize the story and made it feel severely out of place at times. Not bad but definitely not great.

No comments: