Sunday, July 13, 2008

100 Greatest Books #75 - Nature

Note - This review was originally published on my other site "The Geology P.A.G.E." but due to the content I have moved it here and backdated the post.

The next book read on the list is Nature by Ralph Waldo Emerson.


This one threw me through a loop. Emerson wrote 3 different things entitled Nature. I was resolved to read all of them until I came across a website that stated that his first work (1936) was the most prominent and it is the only work before Self-Reliance. And since the works were listed chronologically, I assumed that this must be the one. It was not all together as exciting as I thought it would be. By far Thoreau seemed to have the same ideals but portrayed them better. Not my favorite of philosophers but I can see how it might have been groundbreaking at the time. You can read it online HERE.

This book can be found on the Sybervision Book list.

No comments: