Friday, July 4, 2008

100 Greatest Books #74 - The Importance of Being Earnest

Note - This review was originally published on my other site "The Geology P.A.G.E." but due to the content I have moved it here and backdated the post.

And fast on the heals of my last book is my next book read. The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde


The one thing I love about reading plays it that they are fast. You get the introduction, the conflict, and the resolution all within about 2 hours. This play was one of the shorter ones and it was rather funny. It is about a made up person named Earnest and two men who pretend to be him. Both who get engaged to different women. As you can imagine, hilarity ensues (I had to say that). It is a very fast paced narrative and the situations are not altogether unbelievable. I rather enjoyed it and will place it on my recommended reading list.

This book is on the Sybervision and My Book lists.

No comments: